Tuesday, September 23, 2008

tanked





a quick question on yahoo!answers finally turned up the proper name of the movie that so heavily influenced my senior collection (considering i couldn't even remember what it was called): Tank Girl!
starring lori petty, not parker posey, as tank girl. i think it was the dark haired naomi watts as her sidekick, Jet, that threw me in the parker posey direction..

can you see the influence?



the first two are very tank girl-esque, but the last is more "mad max goes out for drinks", no?


this one is definitely one for the "beyond thunderdome" set. dress was made from the fabric of a skirt, and the vest from 2 sweatshirts left behind at my house from parties... don't leave your stuff at my place, or it will change form, heh heh:



this one was my favorite from the start! i will probably create a more wearable garment inspired by this design:


poor model was thisclose to a wardrobe malfunction with this half-assed bra thing:







No comments: